Social Media Marketing
In Machine Vision, social media was widely neglected until around 2014. At the time, Facebook reported already over 1 billion active users per month. In 2019 the Business network LinkedIn reported over 300 million monthly active users worldwide. According to their studies, 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute their content and 80% of B2B leads are coming from this platform.
Today, Social Media channels like LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, and lately also Instagram are in the core of marketing communication strategies of all leading companies in Machine Vision. Cognex, for example, reaches an audience of well over 30,000 followers on LinkedIn alone (Source: LinkedIn, Nov. 2019).
Unique Opportunities for Branding, Recruiting, and Lead Generation
Since the first days of Vision Markets, we have enabled Machine Vision players to benefit from Social Media as effective marketing channel as this channel type offers unique opportunities:
- Building your brand in new sectors or regions
- Growing your brand recognition and defending your market positioning in your home markets
- Staying in touch with your customers and prospects, continuously and unobtrusively
- Getting in touch with unknown target customers and making them aware of your brand and offerings
- Getting in touch with job candidates and making them aware of your employer brand
Highly Targeted Advertisement
Successful Content Marketing requires the creation of marketing content that is extensively focussed on a specific target group. Unlike any other advertisement channel, the different Social Media platforms feature unparalleled opportunities to direct advertisements.
Such targetting on Social Media users can be specified in great detail, e.g. by region, industry of the employer, job title, career level, skills, etc.. Despite often higher costs per click compared to e.g. Google Ads, such Social Media Ads are a great choice if you want to promote your offering or content to a special target group.
3 Myths of Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing only makes sense if you post frequently
Undoubtedly, companies who post more get more traffic and followers. But – it is not at all about the FREQUENCY. Of much higher relevance is the QUALITY of your content. You will not lose any social media followers because you have not posted once in the last 2 weeks. But you will lose followers if you post irrelevant, pure self-promoting stuff too often. One post every week or every two weeks is fine. Just make sure, your content provides value to your audience.
- You should focus on one or two Social Media Platforms
The effort of Social Media Marketing lies in the creation of marketing content. However, if you distribute the content only on LinkedIn and Twitter, or if you copy&paste the content also to Xing, Facebook, and Instagram does not change the deal on the effort side. Instead, you make sure that you do not miss out on the >1 billion of regular users on such other platforms.
- Social Media Marketing is expensive
The opposite is the case – there are no other marketing channels that provide access to such huge audiences for free. The creation of high-quality marketing content should be on your agenda and in your budget anyhow. Social Media are free-of-charge yet highly effective marketing channels that – if done right – generate more impressions of your content than sessions on your website.
Your Benefits from Working with Vision Markets
- Expertise in Social Media Marketing since 2009
- Consistent appearance of your corporate profiles over all platforms in compliance with your Corporate Identity to build trust at target customers and talents, and loyalty of existing customers and employees.
- Steep growth of your followership, reach of your content, and engagement of your target customers through our expertise in creating engaging content, using the right hashtags, groups, mentions, re-sharing, and commenting
- Monthly or quarterly performance reporting of your social media activities
- Opportunity for complete outsourcing of your Social Media activities
Do you want to know more about how Social Media can help you reach your business goals in Machine Vision?
Please contact us right away.